1. Most parents were educated in the under-funded public school system, therefore they are not smart enough to homeschool their children.
2. Children who receive one-on-one homeschooling will learn more than other children, giving them an unfair advantage in the marketplace. This is undemocratic.
3. Children need to learn to defend themselves by fighting off bullies on a daily basis.
4. Ridicule from other children is important to the socialization process.
5. Children need practice “Just Saying No” to drugs, cigarettes and alcohol.
6. Fluorescent lighting may be found to have significant health benefits, along with limited exposure to the weather due to global warming.
7. Asking permission to use the bathroom teaches students their proper place in society.
8. The fashion industry depends on peer pressure that only public schools can generate.
9. Public schools are able to foster cultural literacy, passing on important traditions like the singing of “Jingle Bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg…”
10. Homeschooled children may not learn any ever-important office career skills, like sitting still for 8 hours straight.